Timeline and FAqs
Admissions to Whitegrove Primary School are arranged directly by Bracknell Forest Council (BFC).
Please see Bracknell Forest Council's website for information on School admissions. This has helpful links including:
- Starting primary school in EYFS in September (for BFC residents only)
- BFC's key dates for admission to EYFS in September
- Whitegrove Primary School's Designated Area (PDF opens in new window)
- How to find your designated area or catchment primary school
For full information, please see BFC's School admissions arrangements.
Timeline for September 2024 admission
Admissions to EYFS in September 2024 for children born on or between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020
Summary of Bracknell Forest Council's key dates for EYFS applications to Whitegrove:
- 5 November 2023: Online admissions site goes live and parents can apply.
- 15 January 2024: Deadline for applications - the online site closes at midday while paper applications are accepted until 5pm
- 2 February 2024: Deadline for applications for those moving to/within the area and also the last opportunity for current BFC residents who have applied on time and are moving within Bracknell Forest to update their address
- 16 April 2024: National offer day for on-time applications - parents and carers will be able to log into their Citizens Portal account to view their offer. Offers are emailed (for on-time applications with an email address, whether the application is made online or by paper) or by letter posted to the home address (for on-time paper applications without an email address)
- 3 May 2024: Deadline for acceptance of on-time applications
- From 3 May 2024: Late applications/waiting list offers begin to be processed
- 16 May 2024: Deadline for appeals
- Summer Term 2024: BFC advises schools of final allocation details and schools will make contact with their new-to-EYFS families
Changing school (In-Year Transfer)
Please see Bracknell Forest Council's information on Changing schools - in-year application.
We have put together a list of questions that have come up in the past that you may find helpful but please do contact us if there is anything we haven't covered so that we can add the information to the website.
Please email email@example.com
Please take a look around our website
Our website contains a wealth of information, some of which will also be helpful for prospective parents. Good places to start include:
- our ABOUT US menu (with links such as "Admissions")
- our ABOUT OUR DAY menu gives details of our day-to-day routine plus our Whitegrove curriculum which includes details on what is important about each of the subjects we teach
- the FOR OUR CHILDREN menu for a taste of what our Home Learning looks like across the year groups
- the FOR OUR PARENTS menu covering day-to-day information including "Before and After School Care" and "Uniforms"
- our HEALTH & WELLBEING menu for more information about our pastoral care.