Home learning will be sent home each Thursday, to be completed and returned to school the following Wednesday.
Maths: Maths home learning will provide an opportunity to practise and consolidate the week’s in-class learning.
SPaG: The children will have a SPaG activity to complete at home each week. The SPaG activities revise key skills in spelling, punctuation and grammar taught in Year 3.
Children should also log into Spelling Shed and complete the spelling assignment to practise the spelling patterns learnt in school.
Reading: Please spend 15 minutes reading every day.
Children will take home their reading books and reading records every day. Please bring them back in each day, even if the book isn't finished. Children do not need to read the whole book every evening. Reading books will be changed by the children at school when they are finished. Reading records can be used to record your child's reading.
Year 3 Reminders
Year 3 have PE on Wednesday and Thursday every week. Please make sure PE kits are brought in on a Monday in a small bag, ideally a school drawstring bag. PE kits will be sent home on Friday to be washed over the weekend. Please bring in hoodies and jogging bottoms for colder weather.
Library books will come home on Tuesdays. Please bring them back by the following Tuesday if your child wants to check them out and choose a different book.
Online safety at home
ThinkUKnow have produced activities for parents and carers to go through with their children during these unsettled times. They are producing new activities every two weeks and we are sharing them here.
- Parents helpsheet for primary
- thinkuknow 8 10s home activity sheet 1
- thinkuknow 8 10s home activity sheet 2
- thinkuknow 8 10s home activity sheet 3
- thinkuknow 8 10s home activity sheet 4
- thinkuknow 8 10s home activity sheet 5
- thinkuknow 8 10s home activity sheet 6
- thinkuknow 8 10s home activity sheet 7
- thinkuknow 8 10s home activity sheet 8
- thinkuknow 8 10s home activity sheet 9
Mental Health Activities
Daily Deliberate Practice
- Read with your child
- Read to your child
- Discuss the book you are sharing: What has happened? What do you think will happen next? Why do you think that? Who is your favourite character and why? Find a list of Year 3 books we recommend here and Year 4 books here.
- TTRockstars and Numbots
- We do understand that not every child enjoys TTRockstars. If that is the case for your child or you just want to practice your times tables a different way, try out these tests; 2xTables, 3xTables, 4xTables, 5xTables, 8xTables, 10xTables, and Year 3 Mixed Times Tables.
- Take a look at the useful links below. We particularly recommend BBC Bitesize for KS2, which is great for extra learning activities.
BBC Bitesize for KS2 - all subjects
TopMarks - maths games
http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/learning/primary/skarabrae/flash/index.shtml - Y3 History - Stone Age (an archived page so no longer fully supported - to read the evidence, click "read transcript" - the games still work)
National Geographic Kids - Animals, Science, Geography, History - games, quizzes, book reviews and more